Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Times, They are a Changing

So, clearly I have lost the "30 Day Writing Challenge". No excuses. We make time for what is important and there are family issues that far outweighed my need to write.

Still, if I worked for a traditional employer I would likely not haven taken off whole days for the circumstances so I am making changes that will clearly mark my writing time and business. Not an easy thing for a "work from home" professional. Especially when that professional is a woman, and a mom. Not that men who work from home don't face the same dilemmas of time management, but it seems most women feel more of a pull to make sure the house and the children are in order. Maybe it is just me though; I have been told I'm a bit of an odd duck. 



Now that my children are, for the most part grown, I feel that the season of "mommy hood" is coming to a close and I can focus more on my career and the parts of me that I put on hold in order to nurture and raise up my children. That was a choice I willingly made with my husband for our family a long time ago, but much has changed and I'm ready, even excited to raise the level of priority that I give to my writing passion and business.



Do you have any suggestions? What has worked for you? Please share all tips, tricks, and ideas that may be helpful to me or any other reader. We would all appreciate it. Thanks y'all. 

Peace from TheWritingMommy


No comments: