Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sometimes, you gotta just stand...

Ephesians 6:13 English Standard Version
"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm."

Sometimes standing is the hardest part, especially when you want to explain, fight, shout, and all the rest. But it comes down to this; if you didn't start it, you didn't want it, and nothing that you have done or said has made a difference, then consider that "the battle is The Lord's" and let it go. It may hurt, but how does holding on to that anger, pain, resentment, and all the rest that goes with it feel? 
 
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

 
 
(I couldn't lean on my own understanding even if I wanted to because there are things in this life and this world that I can't make sense of anymore so I'm preaching to myself today.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 But, because all things are lessons if we allow them to be, i know that someone out there might be going through something today and need to see this as well.

 

Keep standing friends. Peace, TheWritingMommy

No comments: