Thursday, May 29, 2008

Midday Musings

The movie Sex and The City comes out tomorrow night and i have a confession; i want to go see it. Eeeek/ Gasp/ Oh the horror. I know. I know. I'm not supposed to like that show because it is about sex; unmarried, wild and wanton. But the thing that i like about the show, (and i have to admit here, i didn't watch it on HBO because i didn't have HBO when the series was on, i have only seen it on late night re-runs) is the friendship between the women. I enjoy so much their honesty with one another, their forgiveness of one anther's sins, their strengths and their weaknesses. I enjoy the way they stand up for one another and even for themselves. The only thing i don't like about the show is the sex, and really, isn't that a small thing? Okay, it isn't a small thing because The Bible warns against immorality, and promiscuity is immoral. That is why i won't go see the movie. But i wish that i could because i would love to see Carrie Bradshaw live happily ever after. If only they could make a show about my homeschooling friends. They are funny and lively and are easy to relate to. They have the banter, the reality, the silliness. I'll bet in some circles it would sell well and we wouldn't have to wash our conscience out with soap after watching it. But what sort of title would it have? Hmmmmm- something to ponder till next time.

No comments: