Saturday, May 24, 2008

What to Say?

Oh what to say as a blogger. This is such a new thing to me that i find myself hesitant to say anything. I suppose that was one of the reasons for jumping into this; facing my fear of publishing rejection.

Since nothing note worthy happened in my little world today, I have decided to post something i wrote a few months ago because it proves to be more true as time passes.

This Writing Thing- by Andora Henson

There’s more to this writing thing
Than getting the words on paper

It is being vulnerable and naked before an unknown host is scary
being open to attack
Everyone has an opinion

There’s more to this writing thing than selling a piece.
There’s the sense of loss that accompanies the sending off of the manuscript
Like the loss you feel at that last push of birth.
The child is no longer your own-
The bond is broken
Or at the very least, changed

This writing thing begins long before the words hit the paper
Before the ink and the blood spills

The conception is much more involved and lasts longer too.
There’s more to this writing thing than words.


Okay- so it isn't Keats or Browning, but there it is anyway.

Peace- A

No comments: