Saturday, May 21, 2016

Day 4 - Who Inspires You?



Day 4 – 30 Day Writing Challenge
Write about someone who inspires you.

Gosh, this is a hard one. I mean, really hard. There are so many people who inspire me in so many ways. 

My step-mom Marie Goodman inspires me with her ability to love so endlessly. She took me in, was patient for a very long time when I was just a hands down little brat and didn’t give up on me when I was doing crazy, self destructive things. She taught me how to be a wife and a strong woman. She has inspired me to put others first, do the hard work needed to care for a home, husband, and everything else expected of a woman. And I respected her and admired these things about her well before I grew to love her, which I did because she is some kind of lady. 

My sisters inspire me, each for a different reason.  Charlotte is the closest in age and she works two different jobs by choice as well as takes courses to further her education even more. She teaches a college level course, is the director for a state food program, and is an amazing mom. She still manages to go to the kids sporting events, spends time with them, attends church with the family and maintains a well run home. 

Christine, her twin was born next and she is an inspiring woman as well. She makes beautiful quilts, creates wonderful home décor, and crafts like no one’s business! And she cooks so well I’ve been tempted to think that she’d ordered the wonderful things she served from a professional chef. 

Aisha, my next sister has always had this “old soul” that seemed wise and strong in a way I couldn’t describe. She inspires me by her fearless search for knowledge and truth as well as her daring adventures with her family. 

Stacey inspires me by her tenacity and balance. It seems when the rest of the world, or at least our family world, is reeling from some news or circumstance, Stacey is calm and reflective making decisions based on fact and not emotion and handling things that would cause another lesser woman to fall. 

Susan and Cher inspires me in the same way; they are honest and frank. They say things that most of us are thinking but are too afraid or “proper” to say. I appreciate their quick delivery and even when I’ve been the recipient of their unfiltered words, I’ve been thankful because I never have to wonder where I stand with them. I often wish I were so clear and direct and they inspire me to take the risk and say what I mean. 

Spring actually came between Susan and Cher and this kid is and always has been a force to be reckoned with. She is so passionate about the things that she loves. She has grown so much in her faith and has stuck with it throughout so many obstacles. She keeps on trying, learning, growing. Besides inspiring me as a woman, and being my sister by blood, she is also my sister in Christ. She epitomizes the verse in the bible that mentions “iron sharpens iron.”

Bobbie is my youngest sister. She inspires me by her willingness to try new things. She follows her heart even when no one else agrees with her and that can be a dangerous and lonely thing. 

I don’t always agree with my sisters but I love each of them so much and they all inspire me in unique ways. 

My best friend Bonnie inspires me with her ability to remain loyal when the whole world bails and my friend Eve inspires me by her tenacity and dedication when she takes on a project. She will forego food, sleep, and countless lesser things when she is passionate about what she is working on or learning. 

My daughter’s Special Olympics team and the parents and coaches have inspired me over and again by having such great attitudes in the face of great difficulties, and my homeschooling community, both parents and children, have inspired me by standing by their decision to go against the status quo and live the life that requires so much but reveals so much as well. 

Clearly I could go on because I am inspired by the unique and wonderful things God created each of us with. I am blessed to have such amazing people in my life, and I’m blessed to have lived the sort of life that makes someone appreciate all they have.

Thus ends Day 4’s challenge, and for me, day 4 as I am achy and itchy (Fibromyalgia really really sucks!) and calling it a night. 

Peace y’all-
TheWritingMommy


No comments: