Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 7- Favorite Music



Day 7 of my 30 day writing challenge…
Wow, this is a hard one too. And by the way, I apologize for “phoning it in” yesterday. No excuse, just, I apologize. 

So, todays prompt is a hard one for me; “lists 10 songs that you’re loving right now”, because I love to listen to so many types of music and music speaks to me in so many ways. If you could see my playlist you might think I have multiple personalities or something because it is very eclectic, or so it seems to me. Let me know if everyone has such diverse tastes as Janis Joplin, Casting Crowns, Hannah Montana, Rhett Walker Band, Hank Williams, and Beethoven (to mention just a few) all in a row. I know my best friend and her son, my son does too, but I’ve not met many outside my family who share our penchant for variety to the degree that we do. 

Still, there are some that rank for all time such as:
Amazing Grace (whether vocal or the bagpipes, it always makes me feel loved and grateful), How Great Thou Art, Handbags and Gladrags by Rod Stewart, Willie’s Always On My Mind, and Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Pride and Joy

Some that I recently found and absolutely love are If You Can Use Anything by Ron Kenoly (amazing worship right there!) also, Jessica Reedy singing Better (or anything really) and CeCe Winan’s Alabaster Box. I love listening to Jimmy Needham, and the song that introduced me to him was one of his best; (although it is hard to choose) Clear the Stage. Gosh that song breaks it down to worship in its most basic and beautiful. There is one by a newcomer, Thomas Rhett, that most radio stations won’t play called Beer With Jesus. I think it is a great song and I see nothing wrong with it myself, but then, I don’t own a radio station so what do I know?

 The song by Brooks and Dunn, Believe, makes me cry almost every time, just like Dancing in the Sky by Dani and Lizzy, Justin Moore’s If Heaven Wasn’t so Far Away, and Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave. 

And the song Happy by Pharrell Williams makes me happy. And I dance! Yep, I dance around like a lunatic to that song and others such as Jesus Freak by Toby Mac, Rebel Yell by Billy Idol, Good Morning by Mandissa and Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant. 

So, way more than 10 and those are just a few of my faves current and long time. I guess if I had to pick a hands down favorite it would be the cassette tape I have of my mom singing an assortment of original and other songs and the memories of my children singing along with me as I drove or sang them to sleep to theses;
Where Are You Going (Turn Around) , by Harry Belafonte
Delta Dawn, by Tanya Tucker

So there it is y'all, day 7. Talk to me y'all; I would love to see and hear your favorite music too.

Till next time, 
TheWritingMommy

No comments: